Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hong Kong And The End...

So, I left Australia with one more city to visit before heading back to London...

Hong Kong was only ever meant to be a quick stopover on my way back to London to break up the long flight...but turned into an absolutly incredibly awesome and perfect week care of an old friend, Emma. Haven't seen her for over 3 years, but she very kindly took me in, game me a bed, showed me the sights and a generally good time. Admidst the Xmas shopping (credit crunch my arse - have never seen so many shoppers in my life!!!) I tried to cram as much of the touristy stuff as I could in 4 1/2 days. Luckily Emma was the perfect guide (including a detailed 5 hour explanation of the Japaneese invasion in WW2....).

Hong Kong is an absolute feat of modern architecture, the skyline is crazily impressive - even more so at night. I think I saw it from all angles; from the sea on a star ferry - by night and day, from the peak, and finally driving through the centre of it....at night....in a convertible.....this was a definate highlight of my trip....!

In only a few days I've experienced some truly wonderful meals...I am a seafood whore at best - but this was something else! Amazing! And I can now officially eat with chopsticks!

Emma also showed me a great, and very classy night or two out sampling the Hong Kong nightlife...


*********************************


So here I am.....back in my room with my laptop....

My flight arrived in to Terminal 5 at about 4.45 this morning. I'm very tired, and still trying to take it all in. Xmas eve was the perfect day to arrive home, and I am so happy to see my Mum and sisters.

The last 6 months have been immense, just looking through my photos I'm finding it hard to belive its possible to cram so much in, meet so many brilliant people, and have quite that much fun. I left for Edinburgh mid-July on this insane 6 month journey away from London.....and can't quite belive I've actually done it.....

Thanks for staying with me, for reading, keeping in touch, and I hope to catch up with you all very soon...

Happy Christmas!

Rich
xxxx

No comments: