Friday, October 10, 2008

A Flight Across Wisconsin

Just wanted to blog about my awesome day yesterday....

Michael, Annes Mums partner was going north of the state yesterday on buisness (his company does something to do with old buildings, and making sure they don't fall down!)

Having not flown in a small plane since I was about 14 - I did quite a lot of this in my formative teenage years having been an Air Scout until I was about 15 (tragic, i know!) - I jumped at the chance to join him. So up at the crack of dawn to a tiny airport, and into a small 4 seater plane as we flew for 3 hours on a crisp beautiful day right across Wisconsin. It was perfect! The land of the state os so flat that you can just see for miles, and miles. It of course helped that the sun was shining and there was not a cloud in the sky. Although winds were quite strong, and it was rather bumpy!

We stayed up there for a picnic lunch, and then flew back late afternoon, just in time to see the sunset before we landed.

This week has been really totally awesome. Wasn't even expecting to make it to the Mid-west, and to have been so looked after, and had so many cool experiences (whilst also catching up on lots of sleep!) has been brilliant. Anne and her family have made me feel so much at home, and hope I can repay the favour when Anne comes to London (which I hope will be sooner rather than later..!)

Rich
xxx

1 comment:

Chris Stovell said...

Hi Rich - there is an award for you over at mine for keeping us thoroughly entertained.