Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Byron Bay And A Week With 18 Year Olds....

Hello all,

Once again - haven't written in far too long! So (if anyone still cares...) here's a little update...

In truth theres actually not too much to report - hence the lack of blogging. After the Blue Mountains I headed to Byron Bay - and despite a few thunderstorms at the start of the week, I pretty much went for long beach walks and sat around the pool. Finally after 2 months of work and another 2 1/2 months running around cities - finally I felt like I was having an actual holiday (for holiday read doing nothing!!). Was staying in a very cool hostel (more like a hippy commune) with a large assortment of travellers - all very chilled - and the perfect place to relax!

Then last weekend I headed here to Surfers Paradise....now...I was warned that this week would be busy here - but I was not quite expecting it to be like this! This week is 'Schoolies' week in Australia - where year 13 finish school - and all come to...you guessed it...Surfers Paradise...to get get drunk. So the place is absolutley jam packed with screaming, hyper 18 year olds - all drunk and bevahing very badly! Luckily, I'm in a nice hostel (with a TV in my room! Am watching Neighbours most days - hooray!!) and sharing with two very cool Sweedish guys, Rudolph and Marcus (blonde hair, blue eyes!) who have made it a really fun week. Gone out a few times - and managed to mostely avoid the teens! Other than that it's been more lazily on the beach and around the pool. Which has been great.

Tomorrow I'm headed up the coast (away from the teenagers!) and on to much more exciting things, which I hope to report on soon!

Lots of love, 3 1/2 week to go and I'll be home!

Rich
xxx

p.s
New Baz Lurhman film 'Australia' is out today - hopefully will see it in the next day or two and report back!

No comments: