Thursday, November 6, 2008

Everybody Needs Good Neighbours...

I made it to Oz!!

I have now been in Melbourne one whole week, having a generally quite relaxed, uneventful time - just planning the next two months, and catching up on some well needed sleep after the heights of California!

Tuesday was a public holiday, and the Melbourne Cup horse race. Was a gorgeous day, and the race was being shown on a big screen in the centre of town. So along with a few people we headed down to spend the afternoon watching. Was a real treat, even if I did end the day with very sunburnt feet!

And what a small world we live in...ended sharng myroom in the hostel with two girls who graduated from Bristol in the same year as me..lots of names/friends in common!

On Thursday I fulfilled yet another lifelong ambition...and headed to Ramsay Street! Have been trying to uplaod some photos, but once again my computer skills seem entirely incompetent! Was a real fun, if very silly way to spend an afternoon - Erinsborough High, Grease Monkeys, followed by the street itself...what more could a guy want of an afternoon? Our celebrity appearance was the actress who played Janelle Timmins...no Dr Karl, or Kym Valentine (Libby) for that matter...but hey ho!

Tonight I head to Sydney. Melbourne has been cool, but I am super excited about Sydney. It is a city I've always wanted to visit, and have been sent many recommendations!

Hope everyone is well,

Rich
xxx

No comments: