Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hanging Out With The Koala's

So, I finally escaped from the 18 year olds in Surefers Paradise! Having had enough with cities, I decided not to stop in Brisbane, and head straiught for Noosa. What a beautiful little town! Very classy, and lots of lovely little shops and very posh houses!

I was put in a room with yet more Sweeidh people! (not all blonde this time..) All with perfect English - very embarrassing. So we all headed off to the late Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo for the day on Friday - and what fun it was!!

Fed the elephants, held a Koala, hang out with the Kangaroo's for a bit, watched very scary Crocodiles...and hid from a Snake or two. Was great fun. The totally coincidentally ended meeting up with Mark and Simon again, and we had a fun night out in Noosa (one club in the entire little village!)

Sunday the sun finally came out (for the past couple of days it has been very, very hot and sweaty - 90% humidity - but no sun!). There was a free concert in a park in the town - and much to my delight the first act was a quite well known Australian musical theatre star (sadly not PQ Mum...) singing a few well known songs to pass an hour or so in the sun. Then a walk along the lovely beach in Noosa (and a shark warning - very exciting!) before I boarded my bus.

I really like Noosa, and had a lovely couple of days there, was a very chilled, pretty and classy place - wish I would could have spent longer there, but more exciting things await! I arrived in Rainbow Beach tonight, and am just off camping on Fraser Island for a few nights...will report more soon - if I survive! Don't think I've slept in a tent since Scount camp.....

No comments: